Friday, May 18, 2012

May 18, 2012

Revelation 7 - The 144,000, the innumerable in white robes, the four spirits of destruction delayed, the majestic worship around the throne.

This chapter inspires me and challenges me to live completely surrendered to God, and fully expecting trouble in this life, glory in eternity.

I will meet my childhood friend Jeff and his wife Debbie this morning at the airport as they prepare to depart for home. They have been in Branson all week. This afternoon Brian and I will film the 12 minute exegesis portion of my June 3 sermon as I prepare to travel with the youth mission choir trip. Tonight I have a wedding rehearsal and my love returns from Los Angeles!

Yesterday I joined pastors from large churches across Missouri and we had a good peer mentoring meeting with the bishop (our last one of this two-year process) around the book Focus by Weems, and we talked mostly about General Conference and the future of the church. Last night our church council met and though there was light attendance, we had a good meeting as the oversight board of the church.

Guide me Holy Lord as I live for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment