Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 23, 2012

The two witnesses are given authority and they prophecy for 1260 days, clothed in sackcloth. (Revelation 11) “These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.” (Verses 3-4) The beast will overcome them and kill them, and their bodied will lie in full view of the peoples, tribes and nations, and they will not be permitted to be buried. After 3 ½ days the breath of God will come into them and they will stand on their feet, and great fear will fall upon those who are watching them. (Verses 7-11)

I remember reading this chapter as a teenager and wondering if I would see this event in my lifetime, and wondering who these two witnesses might be. I still wonder these same things. With the invention of the television, and now the internet, worldwide viewing of dead bodies is possible. Two people prophesying with power would attract much attention, especially if they opposed that which is politically correct, and the powers of the world. Conjecturing who and when this might be should be done with much caution.

Today will be a full day of ministry with our executive staff meeting this morning, lunch with staff, a meeting, and then tonight the new member class and the Alpha planning team. I will take a break in the afternoon to take my biannual flight review with an instructor John Savage. This will authorize me to fly for two more years. I have a flight medical scheduled for June 4. There is a new Droid Razor Max headed my way, arriving by UPS sometime today. I look forward to setting it up. Last evening I finished the oil change on the motorcycle, analyzed the fuel leak, and pondered how to address it. I am leaning to taking it to a motorcycle mechanic and also having him mount the two tires I have acquired. Then it should be good for the summer riding season. I also replaced the garage door switch and began to fill the wading pool we set up on Monday. This morning one of our toilets has failed to stop running, and I will replace the valve tonight or tomorrow. As I anticipate being gone on the choir tour for 9 days I am trying to get as much completed as possible.

Guide me today, most holy Lord. May I speak your message of hope and forgiveness, and also bear witness to your power even as it is not seen by the world, and the message of your judgment is not welcome. Give me the diligence and wisdom to lead and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment