Thursday, September 2, 2010

September 1, 2010

9-1-10 Wednesday, 7:00 am Table Rock Lake, Wesley staff retreat

Sheryl, Jerry, Rochelle, Michelle, Mi Hyeon and I are being hosted by Jeff as we have our annual overnight staff retreat. Yesterday we had a good time of sharing, boating, and playing – apples to apples and 8 ball.

II Cor 5:11-21

The apostle Paul continues to differentiate his ministry from “those who brag about having a spectacular ministry rather than having a sincere heart.” In this era there are those who have spectacular ministries – even more possible because of the various media – tv, internet, etc. As it was in Paul’s day, it is still difficult to discern sincerity from merely spectacular. My theory is that most ministries have been started by those with sincere hearts, and those “successful” leaders either stay humble and sincere or grow prideful and full of themselves. Paul is an example of the former, Jim Baker is an example of the latter.

My desire, with the time I have remaining, is to share Christ from a sincere and grateful heart, pouring myself into the lives of others. Guard me, holy Lord, from any reliance upon self, any self-deception about grandeur or greatness. My strength is in you, Lord, my hope is in you, Lord, it’s in you, it’s in you. My life is in you, Lord, my trust, is in you, Lord …

No comments:

Post a Comment