Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13, 2010

9-13-10 Monday, 6:53 am Springfield, 54 degrees, clear.

Today I have registered for the order of elders retreat in Sedalia. It starts at noon today and ends at noon tomorrow. At 8:00 pm I have agreed to meet with the leadership team of Asbury Seminary Alumni fellowship. I would rather be home today, experiencing a day off, and tomorrow getting caught up instead of further behind.

Is 12:1 – 14:32

This section begins in verse two with the affirmation “The Lord God is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.” Then follows prophecy of brutal destruction of enemies, and a promise of people coming back to Israel from all the nations- 14:2“The nations of the world will help the Lord’s people return.” This sounds like what happened and is happening in modern Israel, established in 1947 under the auspices of several nations after World War II. I am very interested in how the whole middle east situation will continue to develop and resolve.

Yesterday I preached about passionate worship, fully responding to God’s grace. On one level, it often appears that there is really nothing going on in the unseen world – life is pretty routine and normal. On the other hand, there is so much uncertainty and conflict in the current day, and looking back on this time period, it will be obvious that God was at work, and people of faith were walking with Him on this journey. This period of history is unique, and it also has much in common with all other periods – Good vs. Evil, selfish desires and power played out around the world – poverty, suffering, disease, death, along with goodness, generosity, sacrifice, servant leaders moving forward under God’s direction.

Guide me today Lord as I journey forward with faith. Guard me from complacency, from discouragement, from self-centeredness. I desire to walk in the power of your loving presence under the direction of your Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment