Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September 8, 2010

9-8-10 Wednesday, 6:10 am Springfield, 65 degrees, cloudy.

The remnants of a gulf storm are pushing toward us, which will result in rain today. I rode my motorcycle home yesterday in the rain, which wasn’t too unpleasant, but required a wardrobe change for the evening meeting. Last night we launched the Wesley pilot leadership experience with great participation. I awoke this morning with thoughts about this experience, including the central role of the church’s mission and vision. I look forward to developing this further.

II Cor 10:1-18

Verse 15b … “our hope is that, as your faith increases, our sphere of action among you may be greatly enlarged.” The “increase of faith” is a goal for every believer, every church. What does this mean for Bruce Baxter? What are the components of increasing my faith? I can think of several: greater reliance on the promises of God’s word; increased boldness in presenting the gospel; larger vision for the sphere of action of the local church, making an impact in the community and the world.

“Intentional faith development” is one of the 5 characteristics of a fruitful life named by Bishop Schnase, and will be the theme of Sunday, Sept 19. I look forward to preparing this message, and referring to this verse which names the hope of increasing faith among believers, resulting in an enlarged sphere of action.

Guide me today most holy Lord as I invest my life in supporting other pastors, lunching with our staff, visiting the home of a young family about the baptism of their baby, supporting the Dave Ramsey course by my attendance, and in leading a young couple as they prepare for their upcoming marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment