Saturday, September 25, 2010

September 25, 2010

9-25-10 Saturday, 10:20 am Church office.

This morning I attended the United Methodist Men’s breakfast meeting and enjoyed the presentation by Haley Grayless, who is leaving for India next month. I invited her to give a testimony tomorrow during worship concerning her call to risk taking mission and ministry. This is truly God’s timing, as the couple who were going to speak had to cancel due to a family function.

Isaiah 45 – In this scripture I was reminded that God is God, and is not to be underestimated nor taken for granted. This is an important reminder for us humans who could become self-centered easily.

Ephesians 4 – Paul writes to this church, and to me as he begs “you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, making every effort to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” (verses 1-3)

Guide me today, holy Lord as I lead forward through this season of my life, this week, this day of living for you and serving through the gift and calling of pastoral leadership. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment