Friday, September 10, 2010

September 10, 2010

9-10-10 Friday, 6:32 am Springfield, 72 degrees, foggy

I am getting acquainted with my new phone, the Droid X. Other than being unable to sync it with my existing calendar and contacts, and its alarm not waking me up this morning, I think I like it pretty well. It is amazing to me the rapid advancement of technology. One reason I went with this phone was to stay current and connected in this culture. This morning I will have some blood drawn for routine lab work my Dr. has requested, and then on to a haircut. At the office I will finalize my sermon outline, then head to St. Louis for the wedding of Mike and Lisa.

Isaiah 6:1-7:25

The vision, call, and response of Isaiah – the Lord sitting on his lofty throne, “who shall I send?” “here I am, send me”. The hot coal from the altar touches his lips, and even among a people of unclean lips he speaks words of prophecy to the king of Judah.

These verses are extremely inspiring to me. Like Isaiah, I was a man of unclean lips, and God’s Holy Spirit has touched me that I may speak for him in this generation. I must constantly attend to the Word of God, prepared for the people who come to hear. God is working in this generation, just as he has throughout time. I am yours, most Holy One. Fill me and speak through me once again your words of power and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment