Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 9, 2010

9-9-10 Thursday, 6:22 am Springfield – raining, 64 degrees

I just checked our basement and was pleased to find it dry. Last week, when we had 13inches in 2 days lots of water flowed under the door into the “John Deer” room, which took a couple of days to dry out after we discovered it. We might get as much as four inches today.

Yesterday I received my order of books from Amazon, including the biography of Francis Asbury, two books by Leonard Sweet, and a book about house churches. I also received my new Droid X phone by Fed Ex. Today I will take it to the store and get it operational. I will miss my Treo, yet I am leaning into learning about this new phone. I realize that it will be an old phone in a couple of years, and that even though new things have an excitement and anticipation about them, life does not consist in the things that a person has.

II Cor 11:1-15

Paul hopes the Corinthians will put up with a little more of his foolishness. He is countering the claims of some that he is not really an apostle, and that he should be dismissed by this church of which he is the founding pastor. He is writing against the “deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ”. Paul observes that the believers at Corinth “happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.” (verse4)

As a pastor and leader in the church in Missouri, I am constantly aware of the responsibility to be true to the Scriptures, to be accurate in interpretation, to be led by the Holy Spirit, and to be fully who God has called me to be. Lead me Lord, lead me in your righteousness as I adventure through this day, planning, caring, officiating at a memorial service, and working on Sunday’s message.

No comments:

Post a Comment