Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11, 2010

9-11-10 Saturday, 7:10 am St. Louis, 66 degrees, rain has stopped, sky is trying to clear.

Last night we had a wonderful experience at the wedding of Mike and Lisa Rodden in the beautiful World’s fair pavilion in Forest Park. There was a strong showing of folks from Wesley, including 5 current or former staff. Audrey and I enjoyed every aspect of this special event. This morning we will hit the road for Springfield, aiming to be at the Greene County Courthouse by 11:30 when the Wesley band kicks it off.

II Cor 12 The apostle Paul writes about an experience of being “caught up to the third heaven – whether in the body or out of the body, I do not know”. He seems to be writing about somebody else, and it also seems he is describing his own experience in a humble, third person way. Regardless, this chapter is a continuation of his boasting in his weakness, responding to people and events that have taken place in the Corinthian church.

It is my joy to serve as pastor of Wesley United Methodist Church. As I work on the self-study in preparation for the Healthy Church Initiative, I deepen my appreciation for the history and the people of Wesley. Guide me today Lord as I serve with joy and enthusiasm this church in this age.

No comments:

Post a Comment