Friday, September 3, 2010

September 3, 2010

9-3-10 Friday, 6:45 am O’Fallon; 62 degrees, clear

David and I went to the Rams preseason game last night and enjoyed it thoroughly. I drove up here in the afternoon, and will head back to Springfield this morning.

II Cor 6:14 -7:7

The Apostle Paul writes about the difficulties he was experiencing in Macedonia – fightings without, fears within. I wonder what it was like on the inside of Paul as he dealt with fear. In retrospect he was such a rock and faced difficulty with such strength, even his ultimate execution. Who is bearing up in the world today in similar ways to Paul? Where are Christian leaders being persecuted, tortured, or executed?

Guide me Lord as I serve you today in the relatively calm and safe environment of the Midwest. Guard me from complacency, lead me forward with courage and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment