Thursday, September 23, 2010

September 23, 2010

9-23-10 Thursday, 7:25 am, Pastor’s office, Springfield 69 degrees, clear.

It is a beautiful morning in Springfield. I left home before 6 heading for the hospital on my motorcycle. The full moon and Jupiter were lighting the western sky. As I headed west on Republic road, the setting full moon was still quite visible even as the sun was rising in the east.

Isaiah 41 – prophecy assuring God’s help to Israel. In verse 20, following a promise of water to the poor and needy, the reason for God’s action on their behalf is “so that all may see and know, all may consider and understand, that the hand of the Lord has done this, the Holy One of Israel has created it.” I pray that in my generation, and through the ministries of this church, Wesley UMC in Springfield, all may consider and understand that the hand of the Lord is present and powerful to save, redeem, restore, forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment