Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 7, 2010

9-7-10 Tuesday, 6:55 am Springfield, 68 degrees, clear and calm

Yesterday golf with Steve was enjoyable, and my first round for the year was okay. In the afternoon and evening Audrey and I worked around the house and yard, and enjoyed the backyard and wading pool. Today will be a regular day of worship planning, staff development, and the launch tonight of our leadership pilot experience.

II Cor 9:1-15

This chapter is essentially about giving financial resources to God. Paul specifically instructs the Corinthians about the offering he is gathering from Macedonia and other churches for the saints at Jerusalem. Verse 11: “You will be enriched in every way for your great generosity, which will produce thanksgiving to God through us.” The “Life Application Bible” lists 10 components for raising funds gleaned from chapters 8 and 9. This list begins with the need for information and definite purpose and ends with accountability and someone to keep it moving. As senior pastor I take this responsibility at Wesley, and need to constantly keep moving forward with financial stewardship and the vision for ministry.

This week I will pour energy into the completion of our self-study, in preparation for the Healthy Church Consultation in October. I look forward to working on this self-study, as it will provide data and insights into the next steps needed by the church to reach people for Christ in this generation.

Today is your day, most Holy Lord. Fill me, use me, lead me in your paths, in your thoughts, in your ways. I am yours, called and surrendered to your purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment