Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 19, 2010

9-19-10 Sunday, 5:37 am Springfield, 70 degrees, clear.

Morning has broken, like the first morning … I am up and glad to be heading into a Sunday full of worship, teaching, encouraging and leading. I will read today’s scripture for my devotions, and then work on my sermon until it is time to get ready for church. I need to leave a little earlier than normal so I can set up Audrey’s Honduras slide presentation to the Sunday School class.

Hebrews 10:23-25
Holding fast to the hope of our confession, without wavering, let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds, not neglecting to meet together… My task this morning is to encourage hearers to keep growing in their faith development. I just looked at Wesley’s sermon on Faith, based on Heb 11:6 “without faith it is impossible to please Him”. He considers the different degrees of faith, relating to the light that God has revealed, beginning with materialists, then diests, then Jewish and Roman Catholic believers, then protestants. He summarizes Christians into those whose faith is as a “servant”, and those who “walk in the glorious liberty of the children of God.”

Guide me Lord as I lead forward in this important area of “Intentional Faith Development”. I am unworthy to carry this message and am passionate about its delivery. May my own faith development continue until my soul lands in the unchangeable eternity, and in the mean time be constantly growing in Christ-likeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment