Sunday, October 10, 2010

October 10, 2010

10-10-10 Sunday, 6:02 am Springfield, 54 degrees.

Last night Audrey and I attended the “Stand Up For Marriage” hosted by Yakov Smirnov at the Juanita Hammons Auditorium. It was a great event and did not finish until after 10:30. I will be working today on shortened sleep, and I will be completely relying on God’s strength, wisdom and power throughout the morning.

John 4:34-38

I preached from this chapter a few weeks ago during the passionate worship sermon, lifting up Jesus’ answer to the Samaritan woman’s question about worship. Today I am focusing on Jesus’ words to his disciples “look around you, and see how the fields are ripe for harvesting.” (verse 35) Four verses later it says “Many Samaritans from that city believed in him because of the woman’s testimony… and many more believed because of His word.” (39 and 41).

My goal in this morning’s message is to wrap up the series on Fruitful Living, and to empower hearers to multiply the kingdom through their fruitfulness that results in seeds being planted. Lord, here in Oct of 2010 I know that the fields are white, ready for the harvest. I know that time is shorter than any of us can know. Use me this morning, and each of my remaining days to be at work in your fields, and with your servants at work in your fields to increase the harvest of souls for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment