Friday, October 29, 2010

October 29, 2010

10-29-10 Friday, 7:22 am Wilmore, Ky, 38 degrees.

Today I drive home to Springfield, travelling diagonally southwest through Kentucky. It is a beautiful day, and I am looking forward to the drive, and to being home.

Philemon 1:1-25 (there is only one chapter of this short letter from Paul to Philemon)

This brief letter is written by Paul while imprisoned, to Philemon, a follower of Christ as a result of Paul’s ministry. The single topic is Paul’s request that Philemon receive his runaway slave Onesimus back and forgive him anything owed. This is because Onesimus has become a Christian and has greatly helped Paul while in prison. Paul was bold in this request, and the life of Onesimus hangs in the balance.

My application of this letter in my life is twofold – first, I am prepared to be asked for something costly by a fellow believer who also is sacrificing greatly for the gospel. Second, I will be courageous like Paul, and not shy away from asking others to make huge sacrifices for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Guide me in this application, most holy Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment