Sunday, October 3, 2010

October 3, 2010

10-3-10 Sunday, 4:41 am Springfield, 42 degrees.

I can see Jupiter and Uranus in the west, and the waning harvest moon in the east. I have lighted the pilot for the gas fireplace, and it is warming up the living room. For the first time this season, as I was outside on the deck I could see my breath as it vaporized.

This morning I will preach on generosity. I will spend the next hour and a half in final preparation of my mind, heart, and spirit. Guide me Lord as I seek to be your conduit of grace, your messenger of good news, and your agent transformation in my generation.

II Cor 8-9
Paul writes these two chapters about generosity, especially in connection with the offering he is gathering for the poor in Jerusalem. He worked on this offering for over 10 years, from 46 AD until 57 AD when the delegation from the gentile churches brought the gift. Guide me Lord as I seek to be your agent of generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment