Saturday, October 23, 2010

October 23, 2010

10-23-10 Saturday, 6:29 am, 68 degrees, mild.

Today I have the Men’s breakfast at 7:50, Church Council at 9:00, and the HCI workshop from 10-3. It will be a long and good day of pastoral work in the church.

II Tim 2:1-21
In verses 3-7 Paul compares the Christian life, and especially leadership in that life to being a soldier, an athlete, and a hardworking farmer. He encourages Timothy to “think about what I am saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things.” As I think about them, I realize that for Bruce Baxter, being enlisted in God’s army means that I continually say no to that which would distract and take away from my service for the King. Similar to an athlete, I must focus on the prize of the high calling in Jesus Christ, strictly living and leading by his rules if I am to please him. And, like a farmer, I will work hard for fruitful results, and my life will share in the harvest, as God gives the increase.

Guide me today Lord as I serve you with joy in the midst of the Wesley faith community.

No comments:

Post a Comment