Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 6, 2010

10-6-10 Wednesday, 5:54 am Springfield; 41 degrees, clear

Yesterday I did not journal, as I had an early breakfast. The rest of the day was filled with fruitful meetings with staff and leaders. I did manage to get a workout in, running the second half of a 2.7 mile run at a 9:10 pace – quicker than I have been doing lately. My plantar faciatious has flared up painfully this morning, and I am looking forward to getting the custom orthodics that will hopefully be the answer. Last night before falling asleep I had meaningful time of prayer, as my desire has been to pray in the evening, an examination and reflection of the day.

Today at noon Audrey and I drive to Alton, Ill. To participate in the National Honduras Summit. I will make a presentation tomorrow at a breakout group about how we have allocated a percentage of capital funds campaigns to fund capital projects. I will prepare my handout and organize my presentation following devotions. I will also work on my sermon here at home before I head out to 8:45 prayer with Bob and Tim.

Col 2:8-23

Reading verses 8 and 9 in Greek Interlinear: “Beware lest anyone of you there being taken captive through philosophy and empty deceit according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world and not according to Christ; because in Him dwells all the fullness of the godhead bodily.” Wow! These two verses, and the concept of being taken captive by Christ, in whom dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily fills my imagination. I have been meditating, chewing on this reality as it comes to me through this scripture in a new and fresh way.

Guide me Lord as I willing go forward as your captive, free in your grace, and guarding against the vain philosophy and empty deceit according to human tradition.
I am yours, fill me, send me, use me in your work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment