Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 2, 2010

10-2-10 Saturday, 2:35 pm Grayrock Dr., 61 degrees, partly sunny.

I had a great flight this morning around the Springfield vicinity with Bob and Norma. We flew over the area in which they grew up and met as high school sweethearts. We flew over Table Rock Lake, which was just being formed when they got married. It was one of the most delightful sightseeing flights I have taken. This afternoon I have a wedding, and I just watched the Today Show wedding from Thursday, with my friend Steve Cox officiating. He did a great job under lots of pressure.

Before flying this morning I read Philippians 3:5-21 in which Paul describes his background. If anyone could trust pedigree and works righteous it would be Paul. But he says that although he once thought these things were important, he now considers them all dung, refuse, worthless compared to the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus as his Lord. Help me Lord to communicate this truth in my generation, as I treasure the gift of salvation through faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment